Sunday 31 July 2011

July 31...bliss

The last day of July.

This has been an amazing project for me to do.  At first I thought, "hmmm, a picture a day.  That could be fun".  What I didn't know is how much it would impact me.  Looking back over the last 30 days I am impressed with one word that comes back again and again...

blessed

I am truly blessed.   In my Bible I have written these words...
 "the best things in life aren't things"
This is absolute truth.  I have had an incredible month, taking time to focus on these "things" and here at the end of it I am overwhelmed.

So, for my final picture...


this was my birthday supper.

No fancy 5 star restaurant...no wait staff singing a goofy song...no blazing candle filled cake...

Just a weed-infested backyard, hotdogs roasted on a stick over a broken down firepit..
with my family...bliss

The greatest thing you`ll ever learn is to love and be loved in return.

thank you for celebrating with me!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw, Sheila... that's so fun :)
And so true... the best things in life truly aren't things!

just sayin' said...

It was fun!!! Glad to do it with ya! Wanted to put a pic of my family for the last one too! We'll get it done yet! Miss you! Let's make a plan for lunch when I get back!

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting, You're a very skilled blogger. I've joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your magnificent post. Also, I've shared your website in my social networks!