Sunday 6 November 2011

Day 6: The book I am reading

I actually had started reading the second book in the Hunger Games trilogy.  I loved the first one and blew through it in about 40 hours.  I like the second one, but due to circumstance in my life right now, I have had a very difficult time concentrating on the words for more than a page at a time.

So, instead, I have been meditating on a different book.

Phillipians

This summer I stumbled across this book and was amazed at how many things in it just fit with where I was in my life.  As I started planning for our school's 5th trip to Colombia, again, it was the book of Phillipians that kept creeping back into the back of my head.  I would hear it in a sermon, or read a verse from it in a note from a friend.  It just couldn't be ignored.

I have been trying to memorize part, if not all of it.  I'm not great at memorizing, but this is just something that I just can't help but feel like I really really need right now.

Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again, REJOICE.  Let your gentleness be evident to all.  The Lord is near.  Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends ALL understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.  Finally brothers and sisters - whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praise worthy - think about such things.


Think about such things...

2 comments:

Christy said...

The rest of us better get going!! :)

The Sidekick said...

Perfect timing in the circumstances of my life right now to have this reminder. To stop and think about "what is good" when so much seems to be derailed, seems to be off kilter. Thank you for the words and the book.