Friday 25 November 2011

Day 25: The contents of my purse


* wallet - from Colombia - coolest.wallet.ever!
* prescription sunglasses
* kleenex (one gently used - one pack of new)
* TD Canada trust pen & pink mechanical pencil
* medicine  (Aleve, Advil, Excedrin, Advil Cold & Sinus, Rolaids, Gravol, Halls)
* a lighter (no I don't smoke)
* hairbrush
* nail clipper
* lipstick x 2
* 2 hair elastics
* disposable tooth brush
* dental floss
* Pink Sugar roll on perfume
* hand cream
* "lady supplies"
* Icebreakers Frost breath mints
* Trident Vitality gum - best.gum.ever - only available in the USA
* receipts from my latest trip to Montana
* Victoria Secret coupon book

But really - who cares what's IN the purse when you have such a fabulous purse to fill!

This lovely little lady is called "Lizzy" because it feels like a lizzard.  No, not a snake - a lizzard.  If it felt like a snake I would not have come within 10 feet of it.

She is created by Marc Ecko and she is wonderful.  She tends to turn into a bit of a black hole for my stuff inside, but who cares when you are so incredibly beautiful!

She completes me....

I really love purses.  Not long ago I realized why.  A purse never judges you if you are up a few pounds, like a pair of jeans do.  Jeans will declare to the world, "Hey girl!  You packin' on the pounds!  I'm not even going to do up, and furthermore - here's a nice muffin top to boot!"

A purse would never say such things.  She just waits in the closet until she is needed for a new season or to complete the perfect outfit.  When you pick her up, she just snuggles up nice and close under your arm and is just happy.

The perfect friend...


2 comments:

Alicia said...

The happy post of the year goes to..
So fun!

Shuggy said...

A Salute to your purse. This was a reading pleasure this morning and I am sure to think of it every time I pick up my "bag". I used to have "Mary Poppins", but alas the purse naming has fallen through a crack somewhere....how could I have been so tardy. I was reminded, when I saw the contents of your purse, how much fun it was for us to snoop through each others "purses" when we were younger than we are now. I hope that you post Lizzy's contents when you have grand babies sitting on your lap in church.....someday soon I hope.