Thursday 10 November 2011

Day 10: What I love about my job


This is it...

The reason that I love to get up in the morning.  This is the wall that directly faces me as I sit at my desk.

On it are the beautiful faces that God has given me to -
      - laugh at their goofy jokes
      - give them medicine when they are sick
      - celebrate birthdays, aced tests, and new boyfriends
      - listen to their trials and tribulations with those silly boys
      - be a shoulder to cry on
      - give hugs
      - pray with
      - and love dearly

Over the past 7 years I have seen 67 of these amazing girls don the blue gowns and then leave this place that I have tried to make a home away from home.  Every year I cry when they do.

The funny thing about it is that they really never ever leave.

They always stay in my heart.

No comments: