Sunday 13 November 2011

Day 13: Something I'm proud of

I grew up a PK - a Preacher's Kid.  Now - one of the first things we learn as a PK is that
                                                       pride is wrong

It is, after all, one of the 7 deadly sins.

So it is understandable that stating for the whole world to read "Something that I'm proud of" - well that is kind of difficult.

I could say that I am proud of my kids.  That is the "mom" answer.  Don't get me wrong, I am really proud of my kids and the amazing people they have turned out to be.

But going beyond motherhood - I think what I am proud of is my ability to create epic-ness.

I think it started back when I was just a wee child and I started writing plays and skits.  When I was about 12 and my little brother was 9 we did a whole program of Ice Capades on the homemade rink out back of our house in Calgary.  It was stellar.

Since then I have moved on to bigger things.

The process of taking black and white words and notes on a paper - then
        scheme and dream
        plan and build
        create and produce...
There is really nothing like it at all.

Right now I am in the "scheme and dream" phase of my next big project.  I have had dozens of dreams (and nightmares) about how the finished product will be.

Soon I will be confined to a rehearsal space, a theatre space, and my crazy place.  I have moments of wondering, is it all really worth it?

Then the lights go down, the music goes up, the first words are spoken, an audience becomes part of the story and in an instant - I know...

absolutely!



1 comment:

just sayin' said...

awesome! So glad you love it! we are PROUD of YOU!