It's really hard to believe that it has been that long since I looked at this gathering of my thoughts and words. I don't have a great reason for abandonment. I could say that I was...
* too busy
* too tired
* had nothing to say
* had too much to say
All would be true. I think it's just a matter of priority. For fourteen months, this simply was not a priority - other things were.
*my 6th trip to Bogota, Colombia. Every year that I return it feels a little bit more like my second home. I love this country, it's food and especially it's people. Their love is genuine and their faith is strong. (Feb 5-15, 2013)
* another successful show - Fiddler on the Roof. I LOVED directing this show, but more than this, I LOVED playing Golde - one of my all time favorite stage characters....especially opposite my dear friend and co-worker. (May 22 - June 1, 2013)
* the GRAND arrival of my sweet, Grayson. This boy is the apple of Grannie's eye and the keeper of my heart. I look forward to many hours of spoiling him and loving him forever. (June 5, 2013)
* I lost 52 pounds for my 52nd birthday. After riding the diet train for so long, I finally decided that I had to get serious and commit to something that would work. Well, I found that thing and although it will continue to be a battle, I am so thankful for my new-found health and stamina!
(April 1, 2013 - ongoing!!)
* Finally seeing the GRAND CANYON! Dan and I did a week long vacation to Phoenix with a day trip to the South rim of the Grand Canyon. It was such an amazing trip....lots of sunshine and shopping. Two of my favorite things! (July 17 - 24, 2013)
* my 7th trip to Colombia! This time...without a team of kids and just for FUN! I was beyond excited to be able to go to Colombia for the wedding of my dear Natalia...adopted daughter, from the first time I came to Bogota. She has always had a special place in my heart, so it was incredible to be able to watch her marry her prince, Juan Sebastian.
Alyssa came with me!! Finally she was able to meet all the people that I had talked about and of course, she fell in love with them too! It was so much fun to explore parts of Colombia that I had never been to, without the responsibility of looking after a team of teenagers! What an amazing trip!!
(November 14-22, 2013)
* my 8th (!) trip to Colombia! It seemed like I had hardly unpacked my bags and I was packing again for our 7th PCA Missions Trip to Bogota. This adventure was full of challenges of sickness other adventures. It is always pretty exciting to watch a new team experience Colombia for their first time. As soon as I touch down in Canada, I'm already thinking about the next time!
(February 6-16, 2014)
That old saying, "time flies when you are having fun" is pretty accurate. The last fourteen months have brought so many moments of joy & sorrow, celebration & reflection, laughter & tears. Through every second...He has been faithful and I have been blessed.
Here are a few of the "other things" that have happened along the way...