Saturday 24 March 2007

Fairy Tales


When I was little I always dreamed of one day being Cinderella. When I was up to my elbows in a sink full of dishes, or scrubbing out a bathtub, I believed that I already was - but I thought it would be wonderful to have a Fairy God Mother that would take me from rags to a glorious gown, that I would meet and fall in love with Prince Charming and live happily ever after. Sweet dream.
This week I am actually acting in "Cinderella"...as the Wicked step Sister. Not quite the beautiful little princess, but oh so much more fun!
Thinking about my fairy tale dream, I have realized that the script may not be the same as what the brothers Grimm penned centuries ago, but the outcome is pretty similar. My Prince Charming? - a handsome redhead named Dan that swept me off my feet 22 years ago. My Fairy God Mother? - a Heavenly Father that uses much more power than a million magic wands can hold. Do dreams really come true? You bet!

1 comment:

Paula said...

Hooray for dreams really coming true!!

Now if I could just stop singing those darn songs....