I have been contemplating what to write for my first post of 2012. I really like this whole blogging thing. It is so encouraging to get words of affirmation from people all over the world on your deepest thoughts.
This past year I have clicked out 85 posts. 85 - that amazed even me! The one thing that I like about Blogger is that it gives you stats on your blog.
- Most read blog - "The Life of a Drama Queen" - all about the thrills of theatre in this little town... it got 229 page views.
- Least read blog - "Colombia - the postlude" ...6 whole page views (and considering I look and re-read them at least 3 times, that isn't so many)
I have spent the last few days reading through my thoughts of 2011. What a great way to reflect on the good, the bad and the ugly. Just when I was trying to come up with a way to consolidate some of these things, I read one of my favorite bloggers (by the way, did you know she has a Facebook page now? You should "like" it!! One-Beautiful-Life) Krista posed "10 questions to ask yourself as we bid farewell to 2011"
While I usually make a list of resolutions, this year I want to instead make some reflections...so here it goes -
1) What is one truth you learned?
It all works out. Faith in God and the love of people that He has given you, gets you through pretty much any thing you have to face.
2) What is something that you did that you are particularly proud of?
Guys and Dolls. Take a handful of strangers, non-performers - give them a single purpose - mix it with a lot of enthusiasm and you get an unbelievable of epic proportions.
3) What was the hardest thing that you had to do?
Letting go - of so many things - my last child, my future, my health, my reputation...
4) What is something that you changed to improve the way you live?
Started making some changes in my diet. Despite the Christmas gluttony, I am actually 10 lbs less than what I weighed on January 1, 2011!
5) What was your favorite Arts and Cultural discovery?
Hands down - "Wicked"!
6) What was something new you tried?
Working off my Bucket list, I was able to check off eating sushi and owning a convertible. I enjoyed the later one more.
7) What experience did you appreciate the most?
My month of celebration in July was just the best ever! I found myself waking up every day excited about whatever was going to happen that day. I would like my whole life to be like that!
8) What did God surprise you with?
Giving me the desires of my heart. I lost my job in May and spend a couple of months in freak-out mode, worrying about what I was going to do. Then, when I least expected it, He gave me back the job that I love - working in the dorm. Unbelievable! And perfect timing!!
9) What was something that inspired you?
The memory of my Mom. Read - the "Making Lefse" blog posting
10) If there was one word to describe 2011, what would it be?
Happy 2012 everyone!!